Finals are approaching, stress levels are at an all time high, and brotherhood is needed more than ever. A lot of time being a part of a fraternity means social gatherings, chapter meetings, and events of all kinds, but the emotional support of your brothers is what gets over looked.
Joining PSP wasn’t just something to put on a resume, but was a place to make friends and become part of a family. Over the past two years, I have seen the ups and the downs of members in this chapter, but most importantly I have seen brothers supporting brothers. I have seen members of this fraternity drop everything for a brother in need. I have seen the constant love and support given to one another. I have seen acceptance far beyond what I ever thought was possible.
As this is my last semester as an active brother, I have the privilege to say that I found my place at ISU with PSP. With that said, here are my top five memories that I will always hold close to me.
- Inductions: This was truly a night to remember. Within one night you go from an outsider to part of the family. You have gained at least thirty new brothers who are your personal cheerleaders.
- Chapter: The first chapter of the year is always the best. It is like being reunited with your best friends after years. The amount of screams and hugs is enough to make you feel loved for the rest of the semester. There’s nothing better than getting a bro fo sho, except for taking a creep of the week picture of course. All in all chapter is the one time of week when you forget everything stressful and really enjoy the company of your brothers.
- Barn Dance/Formal: Hay rides and bon fires with your best brothers always calls for a memorable night. You learn a lot about someone after sitting around a bonfire on a cool night. The senior circle and Céline Dion is something that you won’t quite understand your first semester, but will definitely hold a special place by your second go around.
- Big/Little: There is nothing you will appreciate more than your family. Finding someone in the fraternity you instantly click with is nothing short of awesome. There’s nothing quite like the bond of a big little, you may not talk all the time, but there is not doubt that they are always there for you and you’re always there for them.
- Senior Goodbyes: It’s one of the saddest nights of the year, but happiest too. There is nothing better than seeing your brothers make it. They have accomplished exactly what they wanted to and are on their way to be real functioning adults. Watching your brothers graduate is a proud moment for you and the fraternity.